Exercise smart to support a healthy heart
It is important to keep a healthy weight to help maintain a healthy heart. So if you are overweight, set realistic goals to lose a pound or two per week—talk with your heart care team to determine a healthy goal weight and consider these tips.
- Whether 15 minutes or 60 minutes—any exercise is better than no exercise
- Find time—try taking a daily walk during your lunch hour
- Fun in numbers—find a friend to exercise with or join a group
- Think simple—take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Jump in—swimming laps is a great way to work every muscle
- Have fun—find a sport or activity that you enjoy and you’re likely to have good results