Why Nicotinic Acid
SLO-NIACIN® contains nicotinic acid
What is niacin?
- Niacin, not niasin, is a type of B vitamin that occurs naturally and aids in the function of the digestive system, skin, and nervous system and can help maintain good cholesterol within the normal range*2,5
- The term niacin is sometimes used to refer to both nicotinic acid and closely related molecules (inositol hexaniacinate, inositol hexanicotinate, or nicotinamide) that are often referred to as “flush-free” niacin8
Are there different types of niacin supplements?
- Immediate-release niacin is often associated with uncomfortable flushing, a common niacin side effect8
- Controlled-release niacin assures the gradual and measured release of niacin with the goal of reducing the incidence of flushing7
- “Flush-free” niacins may not cause flushing, but these types of niacin have not been clinically proven to support good cholesterol8
What is nicotinic acid?
- SLO-NIACIN® delivers nicotinic acid, which is a doctor-recommended form of niacin2,8
- SLO-NIACIN® with nicotinic acid is clinically proven to support good cholesterol (HDL) and SLO-NIACIN® can help maintain HDL within the normal range*2
- SLO-NIACIN® has a unique polygel® controlled-release system that gradually delivers a measured release of niacin (nicotinic acid) into the body and is designed to reduce the likelihood of flushing that may be associated with niacin use7